School Announcements and Upcoming Events
Important Information for Students Taking August Regents Exams
Students planning to take Regents exams at Tupper Lake Middle/High School in August should note the following information:
- Tupper Lake M/HS is located at 25 Chaney Avenue in Tupper Lake.† Please leave extra time for the drive, since there is a lot of construction on the road from Long Lake
- Park in front of the school.† Enter any doorway with an airphone by pressing the white button and letting the person know you are coming for an exam
- Someone will be available starting at 7:30 a.m. to answer the door for the 8:00 a.m. exam
- Entrance might be a bit trickier for the noon exams.† If all else fails, you can call 524-5636 and Ms. Lamb of the Tupper Lake CSD will come open the door
- Exams start at 8:00 a.m. for the morning session and 12 noon for the afternoon sessions.
- Algebra 1 (CC) - Wed, August 12†@† 8 a.m.
- Global History & Geography - Wed. August 12 @ 12 noon
- Algebra II / Trigonometry - Wed. August 12 @ 12 noon
- Physical Science / Earth Science - Thurs. August 13†@ 12 noon
- To enter each exam, each student MUST have a photo ID and a check for $25.00 made out to "Salmon River Central School"
Strenthening Our Curriculum
Throughout the summer we will be looking at ways to both broaden and strengthen our curriculum.† We are reaching out to professors at SUNY Potsdam to help us in these and other endeavors:
- Enhance our Mathematics instruction.† This will include adding†a teacher for the most strategic Common Core Mathematics courses and expanding cyber learning options to support teachers' efforts to differentiate, enrich†and personalize Mathematics instruction.
- Expand cyber learning for all students that will allow for curriculum enhancement, enrichment, remediation and credit recovery in a range of subjects. This will necessitate updating our computers and connectivity.
- Improve our educational technology and tech infrastructure by taking advantage of NY State funds available to our district through the 2015 Smart Schools†Act†(see Smart Schools funding, below)